Friday, August 1, 2008

?

I'm making sangria for a shower/bachelorette party tomorrow night at my house and have bought strawberries, blueberries, and peaches for the fruit. I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise on the idea of soaking the fruit in the wine overnight? Most of the recipes recommend this but I'm wondering if that would be okay to do considering the types of fruit I'm using. I'm imaging the strawberries getting all slimy and gross from being chopped up...but maybe not. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

MsAmanda said...

I have found that just a few hours (4 to 6) works just fine. I have done it overnight when making red sangria with oranges, but I agree with you on the mush factor withe fruits you are using.

A friend of mine gave me a tip for making sangria for the masses or a party. when she makes her first batch, she sets aside some of the fruit with some white in a zip loc bag. That way she can mix the ingredient quickly when it runs out and the fruit is properly drunk:)

MsAmanda said...

gosh, you need an editor on the comments! I mean set aside fruit with WINE.

sara said...

Thanks Amanda!

camby said...

I know I'm too late but I hope the party went well! I agree with you and Amanda on not soaking those fruits overnight. Mmmm, sangria.

sara said...

so in order to alleviate some stress, i went ahead and added the fruit the night before and it was totally fine. i think maybe the fact that it went straight in the fridge kept it from getting mushy.