Monday, August 11, 2008

Does cilantro taste like soap to you?

I read this article about cilantro the other day and thought it was very interesting. I never had any idea that cilantro tastes like soap or metal to some people! I guess I think of it like onions. I love the taste it adds, but I'm non-plussed by the actual vegetable itself. For me cilantro is what makes guacamole and fresh salsa so yummy, but I hate the smell of it and I don't like it when its on noodles.Read the article here. How about you ladies?

Photo from http://www.recipes.howstuffworks.com/

2 comments:

mollie said...

That is simply crazy to me! I don't think cilantro tastes anywhere close to soap or metal! I love how it tastes and smells and try to incorporate it into many dishes when I can. In fact I used it in sort of a pesto experiment- instead of basil I used cilantro.. delicious!

camby said...

it doesn't taste like soap or metal to me either although i've heard that it does to others. i know someone who really doesn't like it but i've never asked this question....