Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Perfect Summer Drink

Thank you Amanda! I've managed to make both the white and red sangria recipes you sent this weekend -- both are a party pleasers!

Since I didn't have all the fruit and/or items from the original recipes -- below are my altered versions.

White Sangria
bottle white wine (I used a cafe Zin)
1 lemon, 1 lime, cut into wedges
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 container of blueberries
bunch of green and red grapes halved
2 peaches pitted and sliced (my favorite fruit in this drink!)
2-3 cups ginger ale (to taste)
frozen lemonade concentrate
approx 1 cup brandy

Red Sangria
bottle red wine (I used a Shiraz - YellowTail)
1 lemon, 1 lime, cut into wedges
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 container of blueberries
bunch of green and red grapes halved
2 peaches pitted and sliced (my favorite fruit in this drink!)
2-3 cups ginger ale (to taste)
frozen OJ concentrate
approx 1 cup brandy
approx 1/2 cup triple sec

Be sure to let the sangria sit for awhile in the fridge before serving. And, to be completely honest -- you can reuse the fruit. I quickly ran out of the white sangria, so I made up a batch of the red with some of the remaining white sangria fruit. Honestly, anything goes with this tasty drink.

No comments: