1) Grease the cookie sheet with PAM. I haven't always done this, but it helps
2) Turn the oven up as high as it can stand. I do this in an effort to recreate the woodfire pizza style of pizza. It cooks the pizza quicker and gives it a chewier crust and gets the cheese all golden-y
3) When heating the oven, place an oven safe casserole dish full of water in the oven and leave it in while cooking the pizza. This also adds to the woodfire pizza effect by adding steam, similar to how big sourdough loaves are baked. Its really makes a difference in the crust.
4) Brush olive oil on the crust before putting on the pizza sauce. I've tried olive oil on top and it just doesn't work
5) Use very little sauce (like 1/3 cup or two good sizes spoonfuls)
6) Grind fresh pepper on top of the made pizza
I wish I knew how to jeep basil from getting scorched when I make margherita pizza. Maybe I need to put it on later in the cooking process. What are your pizza tips?