Thursday, July 31, 2008

Standby salad dressing

I grew up having salad with just about every dinner. I didn't realize until I got older that not every family does. Most nights that I make salad, this is my standby vinaigrette. So easy and tasty.

2T olive oil
1 T good balsamic vinegar
hand cracked pepper
generous amount of Jane's Crazy salt (a staple in my family)
Shake it up for a minute or so (I use mini ball jars or old minced garlic jars so I can really shake the crap out of it without fear of salad dressing flying around my kitchen).
For the actual salad I do a mix of field greens or something similar and then slice up green onions. That's it! Well, last night I added a ripe peach and that was a fantastic addition.

1 comment:

mollie said...

We had almost the exact same thing growing up- salad every night with just olive oil and either balsamic or red-wine vinegar and spices! To this day I'm not much of a salad dressing fan as a result..I just like salad plain and simple :)