Monday, August 25, 2008

Chicken Scampi

This one of my favorite go-to recipes. Its so easy. Its not necessarily low in fat, but its worth the calories.

Chicken Scampi
1/2 C butter
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C finely chopped green onions
1T minced garlic
juice of 1 lemon
2 lbs boneless, chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
1 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 C minced parsley
1 tomato, chopped
noodles or cooked rice

In skillet, heat together butter and olive oil and saute green onions and garlic. Add lemon juice, chicken, salt, pepper and parsley. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 5-8 minutes or chicken is done. Add tomatoes and heat through. Serve over noodles or rice (I usually do thin spaghetti.)

I got this recipe from my grandma and mom, who got it from this cook book. I've found Junior League cookbooks to be some of my favorites, and great if you want to cook by regional cuisine.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This sounds like a perfect candidate for a meal that will last me a week!