Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Karen's Salad

I got this recipe from my friend Sage's mom Karen. Likely the name of it is something like Romaine Sesame Salad or something like that. Do not be scared about the amount of sugar...this recipe is worth it.

3 large heads of romaine (or whatever leafy green you have)
1 small jar sesame seeds, toasted
3/4 lb bacon, crumbled
1 wedge blue cheese (I buy the blue cheese crumbles)

Dressing (shake it together in a container)
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
1 cup wine vinegar (I usually use red, but I have used white before)
2 to 3 cloves garlic grated or sliced
10 T sugar (yes, that is correct!)
1 T salt

Wash and tear lettuce. Add sesame seeds, bacon and blue cheese. Toss with dressing.

This is especially good for BBQs, showers and parties, but I have also halved it and served with dinner. I can't fully express how good it is.

No comments: