Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How Low Can You Go Challenge

Did you ladies hear All Things Considered How Low Can You Go family dinner challenge? I happened to be listening the day one of the winners of the challenge was on, talking about her Dal, Chilean style recipe. In addition to NPR listeners, chefs also submitted recipes like $9 Mac-n-cheese.

Here was the challenge: Feed a group of four for under $10. Bonus points for dishes that seem more expensive.

So I was thinking...what if we did our own $10 meal challenge? Could be very interesting to see what we come up with, especially those of us who feed hungry menfolk who need meat with their meals. Let me know what you think and we'll go from there.

1 comment:

camby said...

I'm up for saving a few bucks. I've got lots of lettuce in my backyard that is free!