Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grilled Teriyaki Pork and Dip

I posted this marinade on my other blog, but thought I'd repost with an awesome pork dip. We had friends over last night for a cookout and this was perfect.

Teriyaki [insert meat or veggie]
1/4 C oil
1/4 C soy sauce
2T ketchup
1 T vinegar (cider, white or last time I used rice wine)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 t pepper

Mix together and marinate for at least 2 hours. I usually add some water to mellow it out or make it go further depending on how much I'm marinating. Last night I marinated three pork tenderloins (make sure you get tenderloins, not center loins!) and just doubled the marinade.

Yummy Pork Dip
1 T dry mustard
1 1/2 t vinegar
1/3 C mayo
1/3 c sour cream
chopped green onions

Mix together and serve.

Last night I served it with this salad and this salad. It ended up being an unplanned homage to pork, which was fitting for a going away gathering from this pork-producing state.

2 comments:

camby said...

You know I have to say it, "It smells like pig in here." :-) I can't wait to come see you guys in a few short weeks.

MsAmanda said...

you remember things I have only the vaguest recollections of. I love it.