Friday, May 29, 2009

Mother-in-law-to-be's Best Pasta!

I have to admit gaining a mother-in-law has been an experience, and in my opinion one that's always made better when good food is involved- and WINE! So what I always order on a trip back to MI is the following pasta- its quickly become a favorite of mine, its delicious and goes well with a nice glass of red :)

Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes

1 lb. bow-tie pasta
1/2 C olive oil
2/3 C fresh chopped parsley
3/4 C chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cloves garlic minced (double this if you're like me and LOVE garlic!)
1/2 tsp dried red-pepper flake (or more if you like the heat)
3 boneless chicken breasts cooked and cut into pieces
1/2 C pesto (fresh is always best if you make it)
grated parmesan/romano mix to taste

Cook chicken breasts (grill, saute or boil- whichever you prefer). Cut into pieces. Cook pasta to box specifications, drain and return to same pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well over low heat until coated. I usually add the parsley at the very end so it doesn't wilt much and I do cheese on top as its being served.

1 comment:

sara said...

yum, this sounds delish! can't wait to try it:)