Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lica's Corn Salsa

I'm pulling out all my old Minnesota friend recipes. This is my friend and former roommate Lica's recipe for corn salsa. It is hard to mess up and easy to customize by adding more of what you like.

A chopper is the best tool for this, though you can chop by hand as well. Just crank up the music and chop away.

Corn on the cob, cooked and cut off
Onion red is best, but white or scallions would work
Tomatoes be sure to cut out the seeds and other watery bits
Green, red and/or yellow peppers these tend to get watery like the tomatoes
Fresh lime juice
Cilantro
Jalapeno even if you don't like spice, a little gives it nice flavor
Avocado
Salt and pepper, to taste

Just chop everything up to your liking, make sure to add plenty of lime juice and seasonings. Like Lica, I tend to put lots of corn, cilantro and lime juice in mine.

I find it it best when it has mixed together overnight, but you could eat it right away. I love it best with lime Tostitos. This is a great side for entertaining or bringing up to a friend's lake place.

No comments: