Friday, May 29, 2009

Salmon with Lemon, Spinach, and Tomatoes

I concocted this recipe after having something similar at one of my fav Italitan restaurants at home. Because it's home grown, the measurements aren't that precise...

2 pieces salmon
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup white wine
1/4ish cup chicken stock (more if you like less lemon flavor)
1-2 cloves garlic chopped
Fresh spinach - cleaned and de-stemmed
Chopped Tomatoes (I usually use 2 plum tomatoes)
A little flour
Olive Oil

Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan on stove. Salt and pepper salmon and then dust with flour, both sides. You can skip the flour dusting but it makes the sauce a teensy bit thicker. Lay salmon in pan skin-side down and cook for a couple minutes and then flip. I always remove the skin and the fatty stuff at this point. Cook for a couple more minutes and then flip back to the original side and finish cooking. Remove salmon and set aside. Add the white wine and lemon to the pan and let cook down a bit. Then add chicken stock to taste and garlic and simmer for a couple minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cover until it wilts to your liking. I usually add the salmon back in for a minute to warm it up. Serve the sauce over the salmon. Mashed potatoes make a great side or you could serve it with/over pasta. Enjoy!

4 comments:

mollie said...

mmmmm this sounds delish and I've been needing a new salmon recipe!

camby said...

I'll have to try this one too. Good job posting recipes, Sara. I know there have been a few more you've promised me. :-)

MsAmanda said...

yum!

camby said...

I made this tonight and it was very good. I didn't know if I was cooking the salmon long enough or too long but it ended up with a nice crispy outside on one side that was really good. I will definitely make it again!