Friday, May 22, 2009

Salad Dressings

I've been experimenting with salad dressings lately and it's kind of fun. Sorry, I don't measure but my latest one contains:

Olive Oil
Pear-infused White Balsamic Vinegar (doesn't it just sound good??)
Tiny bit of garlic
Basil (dried)
Black pepper
Plain non-fat Greek style yogurt

I'd never thought of adding the yogurt until I saw it in another recipe and I really like it. It makes it creamy but in a healthy kind of way.

Any other good ideas for dressings???

1 comment:

Mary said...

I made one the other day from Nigella Lawson, delicious on a taco salad. Surprisingly even though it contains avocado it doesn't turn all brown and icky after a couple of days.

Blend:
One ripe avocado, 1/2 c. sour cream, 1 clove of garlic (minced), juice from 1 lime (lemon works too)and salt (to taste, about 1/2 tsp for me)

Cilantro would be a lovely addition to this dressing too.