Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Favorite Comfort Food - Zuppa Toscana

Apparently I like cold weather since the three states I've lived in are: Montana, Illinois and Minnesota! When it gets cold, I enjoy nothing better on a Sunday than hanging out at home, reading the paper, watching T.V. and cooking. Soup is one of those foods that really hits the spot on a day like that. We just returned from a trip to Montana yesterday and while we were there I had soup made by my sister's boyfriend that was really good! It's so good that I'm going to cheat and use it here as a "favorite" recipe. It's apparently a knock off of a soup at the Olive Garden. I really liked the kale in it which was good because that's one of those ingredients that would normally make me skip over a recipe just because I'm not familiar with it. Here's a recipe I found online. http://www.tuscanrecipes.com/recipes/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html

Image courtesy of http://picturemyfood.com/

2 comments:

sara said...

Winter scares me but this soup sounds like it could help soothe my nerves;)

MsAmanda said...

Do you know if this soup reheats well?