Saturday, October 11, 2008

Favorite Appetizer!

I have a few favorite apps. The Bean Dip that I posted awhile ago is one. Another is one that I got from my mom where she spreads chive cream cheese on slices of pastrami and rolls it up. So simple and delish! My recent favorite app is stuffed mushrooms, the recipe* follows:

24 medium mushrooms
6 tbsps margarine
1 small onion chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
3oz goat cheese (may substitute cream cheese)
3tbsp grated parmesan
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley (I usually skip this ingredient)
1 cup herb stuffing croutons (pepperidge farm is the best!)

Remove stems from mushrooms and chop enough to make 1 cup. Melt 2tbsp margarine in saucepan. Brush mushroom cap tops with margarine, place top side down in shallow baking pan and brush undersides of caps. Heat remaining margarine and add chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in goat cheese until it melts. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley, and herb stuffing mix. Mix thoroughly and spoon about 1tbsp stuffing mix into each mushroom cap. Bake at 375 until heated through (12-15mins).

*I found this recipe online somewhere a long time ago but I have no idea where to reference it:)

No comments: