Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brie in a log

I just bought some brie on Sunday for a recipe I was planning on making for dinner this week (which sort of fell by the wayside with all the other things I have to do). Anyway...President brie (made in Wisconsin!) now has a brie log, perfect for slicing onto crackers etc. Personally, I'm a little torn since trying to, or watching someone else try to, spread softened brie onto a cracker or crusty bread is entertainment at an social function. But...for cooking, I think its going to be great.On a related brie note, when I make homemade macaroni and cheese, I always throw in whatever extra cheese is laying around. I've found a little leftover brie is my favorite extra cheese to add. It really makes in impact on the flavor.

image from products.peapod.com

1 comment:

Mary said...

the mac and cheese hint is a good one! I never thought of brie in that capacity