Monday, October 27, 2008

At last MY comfort food!

Ok so I got behind schedule and don't have a super story- food in general has always warmed my heart and my Mom and I have always done alot of cooking together...so here's one of our many family meals and probably my favorite.

Orange Pork Chops

4 thick pork chops or a few more if smaller- salt, pepper to taste
2-4 tbs water
5 tbs sugar
1.5 ts cornstarch
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts cinnamon and/or nutmeg
10 cloves (optional)- can also use ground to taste
2 ts grates orange rind
1/2 c OJ

Season chops w salt and pepper and brown in skillet on each side.

Turn down heat and add water, simmer turning once. Add more water as needed and until chops cooked through- I usually always use more water because it keeps the chops juicy.

In seperate small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, rind and cloves. Simmer on low while adding juice gradually so it does not lump- using a whisk also helps. Simmer until slightly thickened. * Just a note, the sauce is always everyone's favorite part so we make a double batch and put some over the chops and add to rice too!

No comments: