Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Bread and Rhubarb Bread

I've been on a baking spree today baking breads for our camping trip next week. I made my mom's Chocolate Zucchini Bread for the first time. It's one of my childhood staples.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 sq. unsweetened chocolate 1 oz. each
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. sifted flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. each of baking soda, salt and cinnamon
2 c. grated zucchini

Beat the eggs until lemon colored. Beat in sugar and oil. Melt chocolate and stir into egg mixture along with vanilla and zucchini. Whisk flour with salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. With large spoon, stir in zucchini mixture. Mix and bake in two well greased loaf pans at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until done in center.

I also made Rhubarb Buttermilk Bread. The kids and I had to try them after lunch and I'm happy to say they are both fantastic!

Note: I didn't make the topping for the Rhubarb Buttermilk Bread and I followed the suggestion of adding a bit more flour to the batter.

No comments: