Saturday, September 6, 2008

Strawberry Bread

Freezes well and also from my Creme de Colorado cookbook. I just made some today and didn't have enough strawberries, so I added some frozen blackberries as well. We'll see how it turns out.

Strawberry Bread
1 1/4 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
20 oz fresh strawberries (sliced) or unsweetened frozen strawberries, thawed and undrained
3 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
2 C sugar
1 1/2 C chopped pecans (I omit)

Beat oil and eggs until fluffy. Add strawberries and mix well. Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Stir in nuts if using. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

2 comments:

camby said...

I can attest to the goodness of this strawberry bread since I have made it before!

camby said...

BTW, I got the recipe from Amanda so I'm not trying to claim it! Just wanting to give a review. :-)