Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Favorite cookbooks and recipe sources?

What are your favorite cookbooks and recipe sources? Here are mine:

Cookbooks
Everyday Italian
Barefoot Contessa at Home
The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
75th Anniversary Joy of Cooking
Food Network Kitchen's Making it Easy
Creme de Colorado
I've just lately been getting into Lidia Bastianich's Italian American Kitchen

Other sources
Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine
Real Simple magazine
Cottage Living magazine
lots of blogs, lately its been the Pioneer Woman Cooks
Food Network web site

6 comments:

mollie said...

I also like Cooking Light and allrecipes.com

Jennifer said...

I like cookinglight.com too. I'm always trying to make my recipes just a tad healthier, and cooking light delivers.

Mary said...

I look recipes from cook's illustrated (on tv as america's test kitchen) they do tons of taste testing and tinkering with the recipes and explain the results, which I think is interesting. Two of my favorite food blogs are http://www.davidlebovitz.com and http://www.travelerslunchbox.com/ . David Lebovitz is an american baker in paris, he has interesting paris info as well as great ice cream and dessert recipes and travelers lunch box is written by a woman who is a food journalist of some sort (aka the writing and photos are gorgeous) who has some really interesting and tasty recipes on her site. I have an awesome granola recipe from her site, tastes so much better than any granola I have ever bought.

Mary said...

look is meant to be love (golly I'm gud at typin)

mollie said...

Mary, I just checked out that Traveler's Lunchbox site and it is great! Have you tried the chickpea chaat by chance?

Mary said...

I have not tried that one YET! it looks really good, I'll have to look for the chaat masala next time I'm exploring the indian markets near my place.