Saturday, July 26, 2008

Food ideas for this week?

I'm going to be home all week and next weekend (a rarity indeed), which means a big shopping trip today or tomorrow. Anthony has been on the road (literally) this last week doing RAGBRAI and will be ready to eat at home. I'm going to have a busy week, but I want to come up with a plan of at least 4 meals I can make quickly and easily.

I'm not even remotely motivated to come up with ideas as I write this, but I'd like to plan around veggies that are in season right now. Anyone have any ideas or meals they are planning for next week?

4 comments:

camby said...

this might be too late for the week but some of our summer staples are: fajitas, pasta salad, blt's, grilled salmon, taco salad, greek salad and spinach squares...just to name a few.

MsAmanda said...

Well too late for this week, but not another week. What are spinach squares? Is it like spanikopita? Anthony isn't a huge fan of big salads for dinner, but these are good ideas. How do you do salmon? I'm a little intimidated by cooking fish.

mollie said...

Oh salmon is easy! We eat it about once every week...I have two favorite ways- both are cooked the same way, in sort of like a foil pillow or pouch cooked at 350 for about 30-35mins. As for the prep, you can go with the basic (and delicious) lemon and dill- fresh juice and herbs are the best if you can swing that. Oh and I also put about a tbsp of mayo over the fish before baking- you won't taste mayo after but it will keep the fish nice and moist. The other way is with garlic-chili and soy sauce. If you're in to asian flavors this is great with brown rice and veggies!

camby said...

Spinach squares are the easy version of spanakopita. I'll post the recipe. They're quite tasty but maybe something Anthony wouldn't be into? Dang farm boys.

I cook salmon either on the grill (about 7 min.on side one and 3 on side two) with any sort of marinade but lately the good rosemary maple one I bought or dill and lemon and olive oil like Mollie suggested. I also put it in foil in the oven (again, just like Mollie) with anything. Even just salt, pepper and olive oil is great, but I love salmon.