Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spinach and Feta Turnovers

I've been making these Spinach and Feta Turnovers from Everyday Food Magazine for a while but they don't have the recipe on their site so I never posted it. I was passing the recipe onto a friend and found the link listed.

As a side note, like one of the comments, I always have way too much filling left over. So, I either buy two boxes of puff pastry and freeze them with directions from the magazine. Or I will use the filling the next day (or two or three) cooked with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Sort of a Greek Breakfast Scramble, if you will. It is a win-win in my book.

To freeze: Freeze unbaked turnovers on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, wrap turnovers individually in plastic wrap; store in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.

To bake from frozen: Unwrap frozen turnovers, and bake as directed, adding 5 to 10 minutes to baking time.

No comments: