Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rose's Vinaigrette

This is the first recipe I've made from my new cookbook, Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn. Yum!

Rose's Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
1 T minced shallot or garlic
1 t Dijon mustard
1 t light brown sugar
3/4 t coarse salt
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 T red wine vinegar
2 T fresh lemon juice
3/4 C extra-virgin olive oil

In bottom of well-sealable jar, mash together shallot, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil. Cover tightly and shake well to combine and emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to six months.

I used garlic and I'm looking forward to making it with a shallot. I think it will give it a really lovely flavor.

No comments: