Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crazy Easy Granola

I got this recipe from the Everyday Food Twitter feed and made it last night. My favorite kind of recipe: simple and tasty.

Here's the recipe in 140 characters or less: Simple granola: Mix 3c oats+ 1.5c nuts+ 1/2 cup ea maple syrup & olive oil. Toast at 350, then add salt & your fave dried fruit.

Simple granola
3 C oats
1 1/2 C nuts, chopped (I used 1 cup organic, salted cashews and 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds)
1/2 C maple syrup (I don't think there's any point to making this if you don't use real maple syrup!)
1/2 C olive oil

Mix ingredients together and toast at 350, then add coarse salt and your favorite dried fruit (I used dried blueberries). In my oven and on a smaller rimmed baking sheet, this took about 20 minutes to toast up nicely.

No comments: