Monday, October 12, 2009

Far Too Easy Treasure Brownie Cakes

This is no earth shattering recipe by any means, but they were tasty.

Treasure Brownie Cakes
  1. Mix up brownies. I used the Betty Crocker mix, you could make your own
  2. Butter muffin tin, including around the edges
  3. Scoop in 1/4 cup or less of brownie mix, place candy on top, then cover with more brownie batter
  4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven and the candy

I used York peppermint patties (which explode) and Rolos (which sink to the bottom). Both were good and made for completely different tastes. Others to try: Hershey kisses, Reese's peanut butter cups, caramels, chocolate chips or Andes mints.

What I liked best (besides the taste) was ease of transport. These would be good for camping or tailgating (why I made them).

1 comment:

MsAmanda said...

Made these with reeses peanut butter cups (good) and chocolate chips last night.

I undercooked the chocolate chips version so I can't judge as well, but I'm not sure I'll make them again. They were kind of boring.