Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad

I've now learned the key to any good salad is vinegar. So good. I ate this on thin slices of sourdough bread. Yum, yum.

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad from Smitten Kitchen

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (I used a lemon rotisserie chicken)
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (I used a mixed nuts combo since my store was out of walnuts)
1 celery rib, diced into small bits (1 cup)
2 or more tablespoons finely chopped shallot (I used green onions since I forgot to buy shallots)
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons tarragon, champagne or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or herb or your choice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well.

No comments: