Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Corn Dip!

At a March Madness party I had an awesome, amazing corn dip. I've been meaning to get the recipe for tailgating. Besides asking the person whose house I had it at, I also polled the cooking discussion board at work. This is the one I'm making:

Corn Dip
2 10 oz. cans of Mexicorn
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
2 jalapenos - chopped
1 10 oz. grated cheddar cheese (I like the larger shreds)
2-3 green onions - chopped
1 small can chopped green chilies
pinch of sugar

Mix all together. Chill and serve with Fritos scoops.

But I'm also including the ones I got from fellow cooking enthusiasts at work.

Spicy Corn Dip
2 pkgs. 8 oz cream cheese
1 can white shoepeg corn-drained
1 can yellow corn-drained
1 can diced green chilies
1 can Rotel tomatoes

Cube cream cheese and add all other ingredients into microwavable bowl. High for 5 minutes...stir...high for another 3-5 minutes.

Serve with large Frito scoops or tortilla chips.

Corn dip
2 things of cream cheese
1 pkg Ranch Dry Mix
1 can of corn
1 can of crushed black olives
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
Frito Scoops

I sometimes add in jalapeños and shredded cheese

Mexican Corn Dip
1/2 cup of mayo
8 oz. sour cream
6 green onions
1.5 cups of Mexican shredded cheese
2 cans of Green Giant Mexican corn (drained)

Optional
Jalapenos to taste (canned is fine)
Splash of jalapeno juice
Splash of milk to thin out if necessary

I use more green onions than what I've noted below, but you can certainly adjust to your preferences. Chill for several hours before serving. It sets up pretty firmly so I typically add a splash of milk or jalapeno juice to get it back to the consistency that I prefer. Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Mary said...

the spicy corn dip sounds delish! I need a reason to make it now.