Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken and Mushroom Marsala from Smitten Kitchen

We have a sick kid at home and couldn't attend the dinner we were invited to last night. This left me to come up with a meal from ingredients we already had around the house. I love Smitten Kitchen and knew to expect greatness but this was even better than that. This was outstanding!

I should add that I didn't have Marsala so I substituted with some Pinot Noir. I would think you could use mostly any wine, red or white, and come up with a fabulous dish.

Give it a try!

2 comments:

MsAmanda said...

what would we do without Smitten Kitchen? sounds good.

MsAmanda said...

I made something similiar last night http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000002012784

Didn't have dry white wine, used pino grigio. Didn't have cream, used half and half. It was delicious!