Friday, December 5, 2008

Favorite Holiday Cookie - Kolochi

I've never actually made these before but they're my fav cookie. My mom sent me this recipe and I'm not sure if they're the best instructions...

4 cps flour 1 cup Crisco
1 pkg yeast 4 egg yokes
1 tsp salt ½ pt. light cream
¼ lb butter or margarine

Mix yeast with 2 cups flour. Add other 2 cups flour and salt. Add butter, Crisco and egg yokes. Mix thoroughly. Add cream. Mix thoroughly until dough does not stick to hands. Let stand in refrigerator 3 hours. Roll dough out thinly in confectionary sugar and then add filling (below).

Filling:

1 lb. finely ground walnuts
1 tbs. butter (soft but not melted)
½ cup sugar
2 tsp milk

Mix and spread on thinly rolled dough. Roll up the dough (like a jelly roll, into a spiral) and cut into 1 inch cookies. Bake 15 minutes in 350 degree oven. (Watch your first batch and adjust baking time accordingly)

No comments: