Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Key Lime Pie

I grabbed this off our cooking message board at work because I just realized I have some leftover and slightly burnt sugar and spice cookies in my freezer. I'm in a cleaning out the freezer kind of mood, plus a cleaning out my e-mail folders kind of mood. This recipe is from someone who grew up in Key West, so seems promising.

Key Lime Pie
1 can condensed milk
4 egg yolks (beat until yellow), save the whites
½ cup lime juice fresh or bottled
Graham cracker crust

Beat 1 egg white stiff, fold into the condensed milk, yolks and lime juice. Bake in oven at 350 until set; about 10-15 minutes. While cooling, beat the remaining egg whites and gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar and ½ teaspoon tartar to make a meringue. Top pie with meringue and place in oven until golden brown.

No comments: